Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day


Our family spent a few hours at Ft. Toulouse/Ft. Jackson Park. When we lived in Montgomery from 1994-1998, we loved going to this park. Since then, there have been several 18th and 19th century buildings built. There are lots of trees and meadows for the boys to explore. The Alabama and Coosa Rivers are alongside the park as well. I love the Spanish moss that drapes many of the trees in the park. It reminds of when I lived in Florida as a child.

Here is one of the many footbridges along the trail.

Justin


I guess we weren't too far out in the woods! The cell phone found us . . .

Here Jack, Cody, and Andrew are looking for turtles across the river.

Andrew decides to head down the road less travelled.

Cody

A fist full of persimmons

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing
Love ,
Darla

Missy said...

We love you, too!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy seeing & reading about all the fun places you are visiting .Cody , I see that you were trying to call me while on your Labor Day trip . Sorry I must have missed your call ! Love you guys !! Lots & Lots !! Gramma Jeannie ( :~

Missy said...

We love you lots and lots!